How to change your address and voting constituency with proper address proof

Step 1: Visit National Voters’ Service Portal –

Step 2: Select the option to fill form 6. You will get two options here:

"I request that my name be included in the electoral roll for the above Constituency" –

a. As a first-time voter

b. due to shifting from another constituency

Fill in the state, district and constituency you want to vote from.


Step 3: Fill in all the mandatory details like name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc.

You need to upload a passport size photo, age and address proof document. (List of supported documents will be provided on NVSP website.)

Step 4: Declaration

In case you want to shift from another constituency, you must declare:

"My name may have been included in the electoral roll for Constituency in State in which I was ordinarily resident earlier at the address mentioned below and if so, I request that the same may be deleted from that electoral roll."

Please note: You can hold only have one voter ID card with one particular address in a constituency. It’s illegal and punishable offence for a citizen of India to enrol from two places.

Step 5: Submit

Once you click on submit option, you will get a reference number through which you can track whether the changes have been made or not.


FOLLOW on twitter or on wordpress FOR 100s of high court and supreme court cases

Father of a lovely daughter, criminal in the eyes of a wife, son of an compassionate elderly mother, old timer who hasn’t given up, Male, activist

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s