1. My idea of *self help* which is very essential : http://tinyurl.com/pxcfz
2. Standard disclaimers as in http://tinyurl.com/947u9
3. A short preamble : http://tinyurl.com/hatew
General Suggestions for victims of DV act
1. Many unscrupulous women who have filed FALSE cases under the Dowry Act and IPC 498a and haven’t gained much out of these FALSE cases have now resorted to filing further false cases under the DV act
2. In practice, The DV act is as draconian or worse than IPC 498a, vis a vis husbands and their families. The DV act is more draconian with respect to grant of maintenance and accommodation to wife. Since money is a prime motivator of false cases, DV act is being misused for monetary gains.
3. For some strange reason the DV act considers ONLY WIVES as oppressed and ONLY THE HUSBAND as oppressor. Cases can be filed by women and husbands cannot filed cases under the DV act
What to do – INTERIM ?
4. Date of Notification of DV act. The DV Act was notified on Thursday, October 26th 2006 – Diwali for men !!
5. The media reports on notification of DV act are blogged at below URL for convenience
6. In case your wife did NOT live with you BEFORE the notification of the DV act, i.e. on or before Thursday, October 26th 2006, you should appear at the court on the appointed date (date of hearing under DV act) and state that your wife did NOT stay with you since notification of DV act and so DV act is NOT applicable to your matrimonial relationship
8. In many cases the Judge would NOT be satisfied with this argument.
8. If the Judge is NOT satisfied, or IF your marriage persisted AFTER the notification of DV act, i.e. Thursday, October 26th 2006, seek an inquiry under the DV act by a protection officer who is to be appointed UNDER the DV act.
9. The State Govt. is responsible for appointment of protection officers under the DV act. Most states have NOT even appointed protection officers.
10. If NO protection officer has been notified for your area, approach the HC and seek a stay.
11. If a protection officer HAS BEEN notified for your area, by the State governement, seek an inquiry by the protection officer.
12. Decisions of the protection officer or the lower courts ARE POSITIVELY APPEALABLE even though they might be ordered under the DV act
13. Money, money, money…must be funny…in the rich man’s world…. Most women filing FALSE cases under the DV act are looking for money. They will try to claim rights over their husband’s property. The supreme court has found fault with the concept of shared household under DV act.
14. Please read the following blogs in Supreme Court’s directives and utilize the decision to the fullest extent
15. DV act is still un chartered territory.
16. The more husbands fight and win cases, the more your are making a path and name for yourself.
17. Every case you win WILL BECOME a judicial PRECEDENT and would be quoted by 1000s of future victims
18. This is the moment. Do NOT despair. Fight back and victory is certain.
Note : I welcome members comments to these suggestions